At Fairway Residential Lettings, we will help you find a suitable home to rent that fits your needs and budget. Our friendly and professional staff are on hand to answer your questions and help you through the process. We offer properties in Gillingham, Chatham, Rocester, Saint Mary’s Island, Borstal, and the rest of Medway. After you’ve let a property with Fairway Lettings, we will endeavour to ensure that your tenancy runs smoothly.
We offer professional lettings services every step of the way, and you can rest assured that we are members of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme and the ARLA Propertymark’s Client Money Protection and are part of the National Federation of Property Professionals.
Steps to Letting a Property:
- References – When we have found you a property that suits your needs we will take up references from your bank, employer, previous landlord and in some cases, we may ask you to name a person to stand as guarantor.
- Credit Search – Once satisfactory references have been received we will notify both yourselves and the landlord. A credit search will be carried out at this point.
- Sign the Agreement – If everything is in order, the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement can then be checked and signed.
- Place a Deposit – A deposit of five weeks rent is required, in addition to one month’s rent in advance.
- Pay your Rent – You will be required to set up a standing order at your bank so that the rent can be paid into our bank account.
- Get the Keys – You will be provided with a set of keys – another set being held by ourselves to enable access in case of emergencies.
- Other Considerations – You, as the tenant, will be liable for the following during your tenancy.
- Council Tax
- Water Rates
- Other Costs – Please see the Tenants Fees page for a complete summary of our charges.